Tips & Tricks
1. Never iron a garment with a deodorant stain, as this will permanently damage the fabric.
2. Be very careful not to get suntan oil on garments as many of them will permanently stain.
3. Do not attempt to remove cosmetic stains yourself. The color in cosmetics runs easily and will enlarge the stain if you try to do tso.
4. Never wash an egg stain in hot water as this will cause the stain to set.
5. The safest form of mild bleach for whitening all natural fibers is white vinegar.
6. Never use acetone for stain removal. Acetate fibers will dissolve in acetone.
7. Some water spots on fabrics such as taffeta or silk can be removed by holding the fabric over steam (as from a kettle), and then ironing gently while damp.
8. If a stain is still wet, do not rub it as you will likely spread it. Instead simply try and absorb the excess moisture with a paper or cotton towel.
INK – Do not use hairspray on ballpoint pen ink. The oils and lanolin in the hairspray can cause more stains. Bring it to us.
GUM – To remove chewing gum from kids clothing, harden the gum on the garment with ice; it will become brittle and can be chipped off. Then wash thoroughly to remove any sugar.
CANDLE WAX – Place the stained area between paper towels, or pieces of brown paper, and press with a warm iron to absorb the wax. Repeat with new paper towels until all of the wax has been absorbed.
PERSPIRATION – Soak the stained area in a warm white-vinegar and water solution.
Here are the answers to our most commonly asked questions.
How often do the available fabrics change?
What if you don’t have the fabric that I’m looking for?
Do I need to get measured every time I place an order?
Do I need to worry about my custom-made shirts shrinking?
Will my shirt tails be long enough?
Can I schedule an on-site visit with your tailor in my home or office?
What is your price range?
What is the expected completion time of my order?
What is your guarantee?
Q: How often do the available fabrics change?
A: Our large on-hand inventory of fabrics are updated with new selections throughout the year.
Q: What if you don’t have the fabric that I’m looking for?
A: Should you not find what you are looking for in our present collections, we can order any fabric that you choose out of our hugh selection of fabric swatch catalogs. Or, if you have a specific request, let us know and we will endeavor to find the fabric for you.
Q: Do I need to get measured every time I place an order?
A: No, it’s not necessary. Once we have your mea-surements on file, re-ordering is easy. If you want something new, and your measurements haven’t changed since your last order, all you have to do is select the fabric and style.
Q: Do I need to worry about my custom-made shirts shrinking?
A: No, not at all. All our fabrics are pre-shrunk. Al-though there is always a residual shrinkage of 2-3 percent, we allow for this when we custom make your shirts.
Q: Will my shirt tails be long enough?
A: Yes. Your shirt tails will be based upon your height and weight and designed to your satisfaction.
Q: Can I schedule an on-site visit with your tailor in my home or office?
A: Certainly. If you have ten or more people interested in custom made-to-measure suits, we will be happy to make the arrangements to visit your home or office.
Q: What is your price range?
A: Suits start around $600 and go up to about $1450 (with the exception of Cashmere). Topcoats are the same price as suits. Tuxedos are $100 more than a suit. Sports Jackets are two-thirds the price of a suit, and slacks run about one-third the price of a suit. Shirts start at $199 to $235.
Q: What is the expected completion time of my order?
A: Custom-made suits take approximately 3 to 4 weeks after the order is confirmed. If you require urgency, let us know at the time of ordering and we will do our best to get it to you sooner.
Q: What is your guarantee?
A: We guarantee the quality of our workmanship and the quality of our materials. All our garments are custom-made to your specifications and we will make all the necessary adjustments until we achieve a perfect fit.